Search resumes for missing hiker in American Fork Canyon
AMERICAN FORK CANYON — The search for a missing trail runner above American Fork Canyon has resumed. He hasn’t been seen since late Wednesday.
His friends have some ideas where Derrik Jenkins, 27, could be.
“East Box Elder Peak, or it could have been Silver Lake Peak, or could even be White Baldy past that,” said best friend Jonathan Scott.
Scott adds the Pleasant Grove man has “bagged” more than 80 Wasatch Front peaks in two years.
Volunteers searched into late last night.
“We’ll be coordinating the search efforts as much as we can. Mostly, we’re just trying to support those going up, whether that’s food or blankets.”
Jenkins was supposed to return home Wednesday night to visit with his two daughters.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- After a cold November, Utah prepares for another storm
- Avalanche at Snowbird caused by skier, no injuries
- ‘Sketched out’ University of Idaho students return to campus from break with…
- Lehi building placed on false lockdown after report of unconcealed gun
- BYU students win international award for video game
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?