North Ogden Mayor Maj. Taylor to return to Utah next week
NORTH OGDEN — The Utah National Guard is expecting the body of fallen North Ogden Mayor Maj. Brent Taylor to be returned to Utah early next week.
Major Taylor’s commanding officer, Utah National Guard Maj. Gen. Jeff Burton is heartbroken by Taylor’s loss, but grateful to be able to provide support to those who will miss him most.
“Very happy that we could be with the family,” says Burton. “They’re remarkable and holding up very well considering.”
Burton flew with Maj. Taylor’s body back from Afghanistan. Burton feels there’s something sacred about returning a fallen service member to U.S. soil.
“To see that casket come off that plane, it was painful, yet, for his wife, I think it was in a sense healing to have him back here,” Burton explains.
North Ogden city officials say there will be a vigil outside the Taylor home Wednesday night for those who knew him best.
Funeral details are still in the planning.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings