North Ogden Mayor Maj. Taylor to return to Utah next week
NORTH OGDEN — The Utah National Guard is expecting the body of fallen North Ogden Mayor Maj. Brent Taylor to be returned to Utah early next week.
Major Taylor’s commanding officer, Utah National Guard Maj. Gen. Jeff Burton is heartbroken by Taylor’s loss, but grateful to be able to provide support to those who will miss him most.
“Very happy that we could be with the family,” says Burton. “They’re remarkable and holding up very well considering.”
Burton flew with Maj. Taylor’s body back from Afghanistan. Burton feels there’s something sacred about returning a fallen service member to U.S. soil.
“To see that casket come off that plane, it was painful, yet, for his wife, I think it was in a sense healing to have him back here,” Burton explains.
North Ogden city officials say there will be a vigil outside the Taylor home Wednesday night for those who knew him best.
Funeral details are still in the planning.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- WB I-80 shut down after a crash between two semis and a Utah Highway Patrol car
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City