North Ogden Mayor Maj. Taylor to return to Utah next week
NORTH OGDEN — The Utah National Guard is expecting the body of fallen North Ogden Mayor Maj. Brent Taylor to be returned to Utah early next week.
Major Taylor’s commanding officer, Utah National Guard Maj. Gen. Jeff Burton is heartbroken by Taylor’s loss, but grateful to be able to provide support to those who will miss him most.
“Very happy that we could be with the family,” says Burton. “They’re remarkable and holding up very well considering.”
Burton flew with Maj. Taylor’s body back from Afghanistan. Burton feels there’s something sacred about returning a fallen service member to U.S. soil.
“To see that casket come off that plane, it was painful, yet, for his wife, I think it was in a sense healing to have him back here,” Burton explains.
North Ogden city officials say there will be a vigil outside the Taylor home Wednesday night for those who knew him best.
Funeral details are still in the planning.
Today’s Top Stories
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Trash can on fire at home in the Cottonwoods, safely extinguished
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Frontier Airlines no longer has a customer service phone line
- ‘Fame’ and ‘Flashdance’ singer-actor Irene Cara dies at 63