Duchesne County foster mother charged with murder of foster son
SALT LAKE CITY — A Duchesne County foster mother is being charged with murder after the death of her 2-year-old foster son.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputies say the boy had multiple bruises and cuts after being called to the home on reports the child had died.
Prosecutors say family members told them the 2-year-old was acting strangely after 41-year-old Lisa Jo Vanderlinden took him into a bathroom and they heard a loud bang.
Court documents state a pediatrician believes the injuries which lead to the boy’s death were from blunt force trauma.
Prosecutors also say Vanderlinden had multiple complaints against her alleging hitting or punching a child.
Officials believe she did not want to adopt the boy.
- The gas tax and education: a voter's guide to Q1
- Go green? A voter's guide to Prop 2
- Proposition 3: Medicaid expansion on the ballot
- A voter's guide to Proposition 4: redistricting in Utah
- Constitutional Amendment A: a Utah voter's guide
- Amendment B: property tax exemptions
- Amendment C: should lawmakers be able to convene themselves?