Duchesne County foster mother charged with murder of foster son
SALT LAKE CITY — A Duchesne County foster mother is being charged with murder after the death of her 2-year-old foster son.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputies say the boy had multiple bruises and cuts after being called to the home on reports the child had died.
Prosecutors say family members told them the 2-year-old was acting strangely after 41-year-old Lisa Jo Vanderlinden took him into a bathroom and they heard a loud bang.
Court documents state a pediatrician believes the injuries which lead to the boy’s death were from blunt force trauma.
Prosecutors also say Vanderlinden had multiple complaints against her alleging hitting or punching a child.
Officials believe she did not want to adopt the boy.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings