Duchesne County foster mother charged with murder of foster son
SALT LAKE CITY — A Duchesne County foster mother is being charged with murder after the death of her 2-year-old foster son.
Duchesne County Sheriff’s deputies say the boy had multiple bruises and cuts after being called to the home on reports the child had died.
Prosecutors say family members told them the 2-year-old was acting strangely after 41-year-old Lisa Jo Vanderlinden took him into a bathroom and they heard a loud bang.
Court documents state a pediatrician believes the injuries which lead to the boy’s death were from blunt force trauma.
Prosecutors also say Vanderlinden had multiple complaints against her alleging hitting or punching a child.
Officials believe she did not want to adopt the boy.
Today’s Top Stories
- Wildlife officials, troopers, maneuver large herd of elk away from I-80
- Suspects in custody, lockdown lifted after shots fired at Taylorsville High
- Teachers at West High School walkout in of protest H.B. 215
- Pedestrian hit and killed by UTA Frontrunner
- Large sinkhole shuts down portion of westbound 1500 North in Lehi
- Get Ready for Fun at the 2023 Bear Lake Monster Winterfest
- Investigation of fatal accident at Provo airport includes witness statements
- ChatGPT: Plagiarism super-tool for students or AI brainstorming generator?
- Fatal crash on Mountain View Corridor causes significant delays
- Council chair weighs in on the future of Smith’s Ballpark