Salt Lake City police: Suspect sought in fatal stabbing
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Salt Lake City police are looking for a suspect following a stabbing that left a woman dead and a man hospitalized in critical condition.
Police say the victims were found Wednesday night behind a trash container in the vicinity of a transient camp near 500 N. and 300 W., and that officers searched the area for a suspect seen running from the scene.
He was described as a bald or balding Hispanic man wearing a tan jacket and possibly carrying or wrapped in a blanket.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous.
No identities were released.
Police Lt. Dave Cracroft said the victims and suspect were believed to be homeless and that police believe the stabbing occurred after an argument over a piece of property.
- The gas tax and education: a voter's guide to Q1
- Go green? A voter's guide to Prop 2
- Proposition 3: Medicaid expansion on the ballot
- A voter's guide to Proposition 4: redistricting in Utah
- Constitutional Amendment A: a Utah voter's guide
- Amendment B: property tax exemptions
- Amendment C: should lawmakers be able to convene themselves?