One person dead in Provo barn fire
PROVO, Utah (AP) – Fire officials in Provo say one person has been found dead after a barn fire overnight at a farm.
The Provo Fire Department says the blaze was reported at Finch Family Farms around 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Firefighters came to the scene to find several buildings and vehicles burning.
Authorities say one body was found at the scene. A second person remains unaccounted for it.
Several livestock were also killed in the blaze.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
The nearby Amelia Earhart Elementary School will be open as usual.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- U of U community reacts to discovery of hidden cameras in campus bathrooms
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah