North Ogden “glowing green” for Major Brent Taylor
NORTH OGDEN, Utah — American flags line the streets as the city mourns their mayor, Major Brent Taylor and now there’s a new visible sign of support and love for him.
North Ogden City is providing green light bulbs for residents to place in their homes or on their porch. The green color shows support for veterans, as part of the ‘Greenlight A Vet’ national campaign.
Glowing Green Locations:
The city says you can pick up a green bulb at the North Ogden City Hall or Public Works office.
Major Taylor was killed on November 3 in Afghanistan. The fallen soldier was brought to the Roland R. Wright Air National Guard Base in Salt Lake City on Wednesday, Governor Gary Herbert among those greeting his coffin in the runway prior to being transported to an Ogden Mortuary.
Major Taylor’s viewing is scheduled for Friday at 5 pm with the funeral scheduled for Saturday at 1 pm at the Dee Events Center in Ogden.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?