Alec Burks traded; Kyle Korver returning to the Utah Jazz
A surprise trade by the Utah Jazz — a familiar face is returning: fan favorite Kyle Korver.
Several reports say Kyle Korver of the Cleveland Cavaliers has been traded to Utah in exchange for Alec Burks and two future second-round picks.
Korver spent 2 and a half seasons in Utah from 2007 to 2010. In his last season here, he shot nearly 54 percent from the 3-point line. And analysts say that’s what the team needs as they are 2nd to last in the NBA in 3 point percentage.
Korver spent the last 3 seasons in Cleveland and will turn 38 in March.
“He met his wife in Utah, and it’s more comfortable for his family,” said ESPN NBA Reporter Brian Windhorst.
Jazz players say they will miss AB.
It’s been great playing with you my guy @AlecBurks10 great teammate but more importantly and great dude man! Loved playing with you for the past year! Good luck to you my brotha! Just not against us 😂😂💯💯
— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) November 29, 2018
One of the best teammates I’ve had, he had some bad luck & never stopped working to get back to who we all knew him for. Everyday was upbeat & positive. We will all miss you round here, wish you nothing but the best @AlecBurks10! #bigfax 🙌🏻🙌🏻
— Joe Ingles (@Joeingles7) November 29, 2018
You can read more of their reaction in the Deseret News here
Today’s Top Stories
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Florida judge allows lawsuit filed by Gabby Petito’s parents against Brian…
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash