Utah faces off against Washington in PAC 12 Championship
SANTA CLARA, CA — After 8 years in the PAC 12, the Runnin Utes are playing for the Pac 12 Championship, as they face off against Washington at Levi’s Stadium at 6pm MST, as well as a possible Rose Bowl invite.
A lot has changed since Utah lost to the Huskies 21-7 in September, including a new starting quarterback and running back since then.
PAC 12 Championship preview
Miles Gaskin has rushed for more than 5,000 yards and 55 touchdowns in 4 years at Washington and containing him will be key for the Utes.
“If he gets out and gets going and has a good game, our chances aren’t real good,” said Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham on KSL TV Sportsbeat.
Utah and Washington both pride themselves on being physical and both boast some of the best defenses in the country.
“Their defense is lights out,” said Huskies head coach Chris Peterson.
“It’s a serious attitude that everybody has and everybody’s carrying around right now. It’s really cool to see because we know how good Washington is, but it’s a mixture of respect for Washington and excitement to possibly be able to play in the Rose Bowl,” said Utah wide receiver Britain Covey.
Hear game predictions from KSL Unrivaled host and former Utah quarterback Scott Mitchell below.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- North Korea fires ballistic missile into waters off east coast of Korean peninsula
- Time Out on the Field