Utah faces off against Washington in PAC 12 Championship
SANTA CLARA, CA — After 8 years in the PAC 12, the Runnin Utes are playing for the Pac 12 Championship, as they face off against Washington at Levi’s Stadium at 6pm MST, as well as a possible Rose Bowl invite.
A lot has changed since Utah lost to the Huskies 21-7 in September, including a new starting quarterback and running back since then.
PAC 12 Championship preview
Miles Gaskin has rushed for more than 5,000 yards and 55 touchdowns in 4 years at Washington and containing him will be key for the Utes.
“If he gets out and gets going and has a good game, our chances aren’t real good,” said Utah head football coach Kyle Whittingham on KSL TV Sportsbeat.
Utah and Washington both pride themselves on being physical and both boast some of the best defenses in the country.
“Their defense is lights out,” said Huskies head coach Chris Peterson.
“It’s a serious attitude that everybody has and everybody’s carrying around right now. It’s really cool to see because we know how good Washington is, but it’s a mixture of respect for Washington and excitement to possibly be able to play in the Rose Bowl,” said Utah wide receiver Britain Covey.
Hear game predictions from KSL Unrivaled host and former Utah quarterback Scott Mitchell below.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure