SALT LAKE CITY — Utah has the worst gender wage gap in the country according to the U.S. Census but a new best practices manual hopes to help businesses and women bridge that divide.
Patricia Jones, CEO of the Women’s Leadership Institute says that the gender wage gap doesn’t appear to be deliberate, “I don’t think anyone of us knows one person who would purposely try to pay a woman less than a man for the same job.”
She says women should start negotiating for higher pay and businesses should better track payrolls.
Boeing Salt Lake General Manager, Laura Bogush, also weighed in, noticing that women need more mentors, “At this point in my career, I really recognize the importance of putting myself out there and being willing to let others see themselves in what I do, and who I am,” she said.
The new Salt Lake Chamber manual also stressed the importance of the economy and the fact that it needs better-trained workers of both sexes for everyone to benefit properly.
- Police respond to a homicide in Salt Lake City | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 9033)
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19 | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7213)
- Some children have ended up in Utah's hospitals with COVID-19 (pageviews: 5321)
- VIDEO: Underground Provo party draws criticism (pageviews: 4909)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 4719)
- Dr. Pepper, the latest COVID-19 shortage (pageviews: 2215)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1855)
- Out-of-staters moving to Park City and putting up big numbers buying homes (pageviews: 1188)