OPINION: Parenting in the digital age is stupid
KSL 5 asked Utah teenagers “What are you really doing on social media,” according to a KSL 5 story by Mike Headrick. Parenting in the digital age is stupid because what are teens doing on social media?
Despite what their parents think, teens are talking to strangers, bullying online, and sexting.
It’s not like normal parenting where people passed down knowledge from one generation to the next. Cellphones weren’t even a thing a generation ago.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- UDOT makes changes to traffic study after feedback
- Anonymous man pays 12-person dinner bill at Bandit’s Grill and Bar
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song