SOUTH SALT LAKE — Final arrangements are being made for a fallen South Salt Lake police officer, as people and Marines from across the country gather for his funeral.
Twenty-three Marines are coming for Officer David Romrell, a former Marine.
“One of them was on active duty, and actually came back to the States just to attend the funeral,” said Executive Officer Gary Keller.
“What a group. What a tribute.”
Romrell served two overseas tours in seven years with the Corps.
Keller trained Romrell for the force, and he was about to reciprocate.
“He wanted to incorporate some of the defensive tactics they had taught him in the Marine Corps,” Keller said. “We were just in the process of working up a program for that.”
Last month, a warrant suspect ran over Romrell with his car before police killed the suspect. He leaves behind a wife and young son.
Full coverage of Officer Romrell’s funeral starts Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. on KSL Newsradio.
- Police respond to a homicide in Salt Lake City | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 9033)
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19 | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 7213)
- Some children have ended up in Utah's hospitals with COVID-19 (pageviews: 5321)
- VIDEO: Underground Provo party draws criticism (pageviews: 4909)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 4719)
- Dr. Pepper, the latest COVID-19 shortage (pageviews: 2215)
- 10 Utah temples to enter Phase 2 of reopening (pageviews: 1855)
- Out-of-staters moving to Park City and putting up big numbers buying homes (pageviews: 1188)