SOUTH SALT LAKE — Final arrangements are being made for a fallen South Salt Lake police officer, as people and Marines from across the country gather for his funeral.
Twenty-three Marines are coming for Officer David Romrell, a former Marine.
“One of them was on active duty, and actually came back to the States just to attend the funeral,” said Executive Officer Gary Keller.
“What a group. What a tribute.”
Romrell served two overseas tours in seven years with the Corps.
Keller trained Romrell for the force, and he was about to reciprocate.
“He wanted to incorporate some of the defensive tactics they had taught him in the Marine Corps,” Keller said. “We were just in the process of working up a program for that.”
Last month, a warrant suspect ran over Romrell with his car before police killed the suspect. He leaves behind a wife and young son.
Full coverage of Officer Romrell’s funeral starts Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. on KSL Newsradio.
- Step-father of missing Idaho kids speaks to ABC (pageviews: 8872)
- A YouTuber's fancy Bali vacation sure looked nice. Nope, the photos were taken in an Ikea (pageviews: 4364)
- Costco bans non-members from their food court (pageviews: 3635)
- 7-year-old girl dies during tonsil surgery (pageviews: 3429)
- A timeline of the missing Idaho children (pageviews: 2878)
- Volunteer cuddle program helps babies in the NICU (pageviews: 1746)
- 5-year-old Millcreek boy hit and killed (pageviews: 1455)
- Fatal rollover near Salt Lake airport (pageviews: 1083)