12-year-old boy hit and killed by construction truck in Pleasant Grove
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah — A 12-year-old boy was hit and killed by a construction truck Monday night.
Police say the boy was crossing in a crosswalk when a large construction truck turned red on a red light and struck him.
This was at State Street and Pleasant Grove Boulevard around 6 p.m.
It’s unclear at this point if the truck stopped at the red light first. Investigators say the driver apparently did not see the boy.
They stayed on the scene late into the evening. The boy’s name has not yet been released.
Police say their hearts go out to his family and friends.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport
- Utah Gov. turns 56 bills into new Utah laws, several involve Bears Ears
- Justice Department brings new suits over sanctuary policies