Man tries to pay for McDonald’s food with a bag of marijuana
PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say a 23-year-old man went through a McDonald’s drive-thru and tried to pay for his order with a bag of marijuana.
News outlets report Port St. Lucie police say the fast food worker denied the trade and Anthony Andrew Gallagher drove off, only to return again a short time later. Police arrested him Sunday on charges of marijuana possession and driving under the influence.
Police were alerted to Gallagher’s offer early Sunday morning and got a description of him from the worker. They say a suspect matching his description went through the drive-thru a little while later and police approached him.
It’s unclear if Gallagher attempted to pay for his order with drugs the second time. It’s also unclear if he has a lawyer.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Eyeing retirement: How much money is enough after you leave a job?
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital