One dead after Beck Street apartment fire
One person was found dead Sunday morning after a fire at a Salt Lake City apartment building, authorities said.
Jim Kavoukas, 51, passed away after what the SLCPD twitter account is calling an “accidental fire.” According to the tweet, Kavoukas was alone at the time of the incident.
The call today at 1729 N Beck Street appears to be an accidental #fire which resulted in the death of Jim Kavoukas (51). Mr. Kavoukas was alone at the time of the incident.
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) December 23, 2018
SLFCD crews were dispatched to the Beck Street Apartments at 1729 N. Beck St. around 8:30 A.M. after reports of a blaze, said Salt Lake City Fire Department Capt. Adam Archuleta. They found Kavoukas already deceased.
No further details were immediately available. Salt Lake City police are currently investigating.
This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour