Skier dies after crashing into tree at Brighton resort
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a 63-year-old man has died after he crashed into a tree while skiing at Brighton resort.
Unified Police Lt. Manfred Lassig told KSL-TV that the man was skiing around a bend on New Year’s Eve at Brighton Resort when he crashed into a tree while trying to avoid hitting another skier.
Lassig said the man received first aid but was pronounced dead.
His identity has not yet been released.
Information from: KSL-TV, http://www.ksl.com/
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Manafort gets 47 months, judge cites mostly ‘blameless’ life
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment