Alpine School District looks for repeat vandal
AMERICAN FORK, Utah — The Alpine School District is asking for help finding a man they say is breaking into schools around northern Utah County and causing thousands of dollars in damages.
They say he rides in on a bicycle and often breaks in after hours or on holidays, spray painting over the security cameras and then breaking into vending machines.
The following schools have been vandalized over the last 6 months:
- Skyridge High School
- American Fork High School
- Pleasant Grove High School
- Timpanogos High School
- Lehi Junior High School
- Pleasant Grove Junior High School
- Shelley Elementary
A district news release says the man has damaged 16 vending machines, doing $20,000 dollars in damage and stealing $8,000 worth of stuff.
Some cameras caught some images of the man, which the district released to the public in hopes someone can identify him.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend