A Utah Congressman may be a candidate to join President Trump’s cabinet. Representative Rob Bishop could take over the Interior Department.
Bloomberg is reporting that the White House has intensified the focus on Bishop and the acting chief of interior, Dave Bernhardt, to take over for Ryan Zinke.
Bloomberg says its sources were all anonymous, but point to Bishop’s leading of the House Natural Resources Committee and his history of advocating for better federal land management.
But Bishop says he’s not aware of any talks for the position. and he said “don’t bet your retirement on it.”
Hear more from his live interview with Utah’s Morning News below.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings