ODGEN, Utah (AP) — A Utah attorney has been ordered to spend 120 days in jail without bail after he was arrested multiple times on drug-related charges.
Tony Miles, of Ogden, also was ordered Wednesday to complete drug court.
Miles in October pleaded guilty to smuggling heroin and cocaine into the Weber County jail.
He also recently pleaded guilty to other drug charges after he was arrested in December for possession of methamphetamine and opium.
The December arrest was the third for Miles on drug-related charges in the past two years.
Miles says he became addicted to pain medications after a hand injury, and began to self-medicate after the doctor prescribing his medications died of a heart attack.
Miles will be on probation for 24 months after serving his jail term.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump designates elite Iranian military force as a terrorist organization
- Scientists just captured a record 17-foot-long python in Florida
- Prosecutor plans diversion program for low-level suspects
- Homeland Security Sec. Nielsen resigns amid border turmoil
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings