Boyfriend arrested in fatal stabbing in South Salt Lake
SOUTH SALT LAKE — Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for a fatal stabbing inside his family’s apartment in South Salt Lake.
Officers say 24-year-old Angelo Kirstine was arguing with his girlfriend before the stabbing occurred, but are unsure what the argument was about. The Kirstine’s grandfather found the victim around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday. The suspect’s sister was at the apartment at the time but says she didn’t hear anything.
The family took the suspect to the University of Utah Medical Center for a mental issue where he told the staff there that he’d hurt someone. University Police were contacted at the same time South Salt Lake Police received the dispatch call.
More photos from the scene of a fatal stabbing in South Salt Lake. pic.twitter.com/8UnlGpbiMo
— Kelli Pierce (@KelliReports) January 15, 2019
Kirstine was taken into custody without incident and is facing a charge of Murder 1.
Today’s Top Stories
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Full-sized Target coming to former Dillard’s at Provo’s Towne Centre
- Utah hasn’t had this much snowfall since 2011, according to NWS
- Utah gas prices spike, Governor blames regional supply
- Lawyers say new Petito photos prove Moab Police ignored evidence of abuse
- One dead after four-vehicles crash on U.S. Highway-40
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high