Sea lion at Hogle recovering after eating sock
SALT LAKE CITY — Zookeepers at Utah’s Hogle Zoo are asking people to keep an eye on their stuff after a sea lion puked up a toddler’s sock, something that could have been fatal.
Diego lost interest in his training on Sunday and vomited blood before the sock came up, the zoo reported.
The zoo says in a Facebook post that animals like their sea lion can die from eating foreign objects and that staff can help you find your items no matter how small. They say if you do lose something, make sure to tell zoo staff members as soon as possible.
The zoo says Diego is recovering and back to swimming and annoying other sea lions.
Today’s Top Stories
- 12-year-old girl in critical condition after getting hit by parade car in Kaysville
- Manhunt underway for gunman after mass shooting at July 4th parade in Highland Park, Illinois
- Deuel Creek Fire starts in Centerville overnight, evacuation order lifted
- Silver alert activated in American Fork, missing possibly in Wendover
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- UPDATE: SLCPD arrest two in connection to Sunday’s Ballpark neighborhood shooting