Former local college players going to Super Bowl LIII
ATLANTA — Former Utah Utes, BYU Cougars and Utah State Aggies will all be represented when the New England Patriots and the Los Angeles Rams face off in the Super Bowl on Feb. 3.
It’s the third straight Super Bowl for Kyle Van Noy, once a Cougar, now a Patriot. He had two sacks, ten tackles and a forced fumble during Sunday’s championship game.
Former Aggie JoJo Natson will go to the Super Bowl for the first time with the Rams.
Then there are three former University of Utah players on reserves or practice squads for the Patriots and Rams.
On the losing side on Sunday, there was former BYU safety Daniel Sorenson who had 14 tackles and an interception for the Chiefs, and former BYU quarterback Taysom Hill who had a touchdown reception for the Saints.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio