Fatal crash in South Jordan leads to arrest
SOUTH JORDAN-A man has been arrested after South Jordan Police say he caused a drunk driving crash that killed a woman.
Officers say 23-year-old Edilberto Lopez-Ramirez stole a pickup in Herriman, then drank a bunch of beers before running a red light yesterday morning on Mountain View Highway at Lake Avenue.
He is also a suspect in a hit and run crash at South Jordan Parkway and Mountain View Highway.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Two Republicans voted against bill banning transgender-related surgery, here’s why
- Utah leading a lawsuit against new ESG rule affecting 401(k) plans
- SLC restaurant “Manoli’s” nominated for James Beard Award
- Utah Senate passes transgender-related surgery ban for minors
- More protests today after release of video depicting the deadly police beating of Tyre Nichols
- Salt Lake City traffic stop leads to drug bust, illegal gun recovered