Parents arrested after injured infant found dead at motel
MIDVALE, Utah (AP) — Police in a Salt Lake City suburb say an infant’s parents were arrested on suspicion of child neglect homicide after the 4-month-old boy was found dead at a motel with visible bruises and an abrasion or laceration.
Online court records don’t list defense attorneys for 21-year-old Jose Ramirez and 20-year-old Jessica Lujan who could comment on the allegations.
Unified police say they went to the motel on an unrelated call Friday but were summoned to a different room in response to a report of a child not breathing.
A jail report says the child had multiple bruises as well as neck injury in which his bone structure was visible.
The report said Lujan told police she struck and scratched the child because he was screaming as the couple fought.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral
- Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac dead at 79
- Vail Resorts facing million dollar lawsuit after a Utah bowling alley incident