Police investigate burglary at Salt Lake City courthouse
SALT LAKE CITY — Hearings were delayed and people were stranded outside the Salt Lake City courthouse downtown for more than an hour following a burglary.
Police say a man broke into the courthouse over the weekend and damaged ceiling tiles and office furniture. He did not touch any court files or other sensitive information.
Workers immediately phoned police after discovering the damage at the courthouse Monday morning.
Salt Lake City Police are calling the burglary “unusual” but say they have a person of interest because a man was caught on security camera at the time of the crime. They have not named the suspect.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray