Mrs. Debbie Eldredge – Westfield Elementary School
Mrs. Eldredge was my daughter’s kindergarten teacher for the 2006-2007 school year. I know that all parents are scared when sending their first child to kindergarten but it was particularly challenging for us because our daughter, Hadley, is deaf. We could not have been happier with the support she received from her teacher. During the school year, there were many occasions in which Mrs. Eldredge went beyond our expectations in dealing with our daughter. The most notable occasion was when Hadley lost one of the batteries for her cochlear implant at school. They are not standard batteries and are quite expensive to replace. Mrs. Eldredge contacted the custodians who opened the dumpster for her. She located the bag of garbage that belonged to her class and sorted through it until she found Hadley’s battery.
You know that teachers love their students but you don’t expect to continue to hear from them throughout the summer. Hadley had to have surgery for her second cochlear implant on the day after school and has received two cards, pictures and candy from her teacher this summer wishing her well. It is so amazing when your child’s school experience begins so well. I think that Mrs. Eldredge instilled a level of confidence in our daughter that, more than anything else, her teacher loves her.
Thank you, Mrs. Eldredge!
Today’s Top Stories
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc