Mrs. Heidi Tessier – Stansbury Elementary School
Mrs. Tessier was a 5th grade teacher to both my son and daughter. She had an amazing way of increasing their self esteem as well as teaching them to love writing. They continue to use the techniques that she taught them in their Jr. High and High School experiences today. I have talked to other parents and they whole heartedly agree about how influential she is in the lives of all her students. Just to illustrate, Bill Cosby was on TV one day encouraging youth to become all that they can and to achieve high goals, I thought, “I wish someone could influence my kids like that.” That very day, my son came home and said, “Mrs. Tessier said that if I wanted, someday I could be the President of the U.S., do you really think I could?” Of course I agreed and how grateful I was to her for encouraging all children and instilling in them the desire to reach their highest potential and never sell themselves short. At the end of the year, they all sit in a circle and she gives them an award from her heart. It is a beautiful moment for each child as she expresses to them their fabulous qualities and their potential to achieve anything they put their mind to. She has since moved from West Elementary to Stansbury Park Elementary. We miss her but know that she continues to touch lives in ways unmeasured!
Today’s Top Stories
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland