Michelle Nielson – Vineyard Elementary School
I love that Mrs. Nielson is the 5th grade teacher of my son at Vineyard Elementary. Her classroom is a learners paradise. She has a tree house inside her room where students can read, hands-on projects throughout the year to excite the learning process, and most importantly to me, she cares about my student. In my eyes as a parent, my son is the most important child in her class, even though I have seen that every parent feels this way.
One of the greatest examples of her individual concern happened just recently. Knowing of my son’s desire to learn and gain knowledge she hand wrote an invitation for him to attend a speaking engagement with Senator Jake Garn. She took him and introduced personally to Senator Garn. Afterwards she explored what he learned and why it was important.
The children in Mrs. Nielson’s class love the learning process. They are growing and achieving great things under the guidance of their teacher. Best of all, they are important as individuals and they have a teacher that knows their needs and does her best to help them grow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Semifinalists for the new Utah flag design unveiled
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
- New fire breaks out on Y Mountain in Provo
- BYU student and youngest-ever Survivor contestant says he’s confident he will win
- Be on lookout for suspicious vehicle in Nephi
- Former U.S. Attorney for Utah talks about what FBI can take off your cellphone
- Motorhome crash in Box Elder County claims the life of one person
- Time Out on the Field
- BYU premieres documentary ‘The Black 14: Healing Hearts and Feeding Souls’
- Home prices in Salt Lake City harbinger of a national trend?