Michelle Nielson – Vineyard Elementary School
I love that Mrs. Nielson is the 5th grade teacher of my son at Vineyard Elementary. Her classroom is a learners paradise. She has a tree house inside her room where students can read, hands-on projects throughout the year to excite the learning process, and most importantly to me, she cares about my student. In my eyes as a parent, my son is the most important child in her class, even though I have seen that every parent feels this way.
One of the greatest examples of her individual concern happened just recently. Knowing of my son’s desire to learn and gain knowledge she hand wrote an invitation for him to attend a speaking engagement with Senator Jake Garn. She took him and introduced personally to Senator Garn. Afterwards she explored what he learned and why it was important.
The children in Mrs. Nielson’s class love the learning process. They are growing and achieving great things under the guidance of their teacher. Best of all, they are important as individuals and they have a teacher that knows their needs and does her best to help them grow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers