Susan Enrico – Welby Elementary School
My daughter started her 6th grade year at a new school, Welby elementary. We were all scared, but knew it was a good move. Kameron was placed in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and what a blessing it was.
Kameron was previously in a school where they tested her and found her ADHD, and behind in math by 2 years. So Kameron went to resource part of the day. Kameron struggled through, so they had her in resource for the better part of the day. She struggled, and socially was not interacting with her peers in school. Her self-esteem fell and so did her grades.
After moving her to Welby elementary Kameron was tested by her resource teacher and Mrs. Enrico. they came up with the results that we were so happy to hear, Kameron did not need to be in resource at all. She was behind in math, but not as much as the previous school had said. She went the full day in Mrs. Enrico’s class, and she soared in improving grades and self-esteem. Mrs. Enrico took her under her wing and worked with Kameron closely.
Mrs. Enrico’s class is a very structured class with assignments geared to prepare students for middle School. She assigned the students to study extensively the ancient Greeks and history fair projects. Kameron took all of this on without help from her parents, and she did a wonderful job.
Mrs. Enrico is a blessing in our eyes. She saw potential and worked with it rather than sending her to resource. Mrs. Enrico had a better attitude compared to the see ya attitude we had with previous teachers. Mrs. Enrico has at least 2 masters’ degrees and can get a higher paying job I am certain. She chose to mold young lives and I am eternally grateful.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources
- Woman charged in February fatal car crash in West Valley City
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]