Charlotte McGee – Shelley Elementary School
I have been looking all year long for a special way to say thank you to Mrs. McGee, a truly amazing teacher. I came across “Teacher Feature” about a month ago. I hope she will be honored for all her hard work, time, dedication and love for teaching.
I have had two of my children in her class and I am amazed at the way she teaches them to read. My little first grader was basically unable to read at the start of this year. Mrs. McGee has worked with him on a daily basis to get him up to grade level reading. For months she has put together a nightly reading homework packet that is just for him and his needs. She takes time to read with him one on one every day. Mrs. McGee has called me a number of times to tell me how he is doing and to see what we can do to help him read better. She celebrates his success and never has let him feel like he couldn’t do it.
I am so grateful for all her hard work and for her love for teaching. It brings tears to my eyes when I think about how far my child has come in reading. My child started the year with low confidence and now he is so excited that he can read. He told our family he was going to read us a book a few months ago, it was so exciting to see his joy and excitement while he read us this book. As adults for sometimes take reading for granted. To top it off she has written a book on how to help your child read and teaches a Literacy Class to parents. I am truly thankful for this shining star of a teacher. My little boy just loves her and says “she is my favorite teacher”.
Today’s Top Stories
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Former Utah Sen. Jake Garn to be honored with art tribute on Saturday
- US approves $380 million missile sale to Finland