Janell Stockman – Crescent Elementary School
My son had Mrs. Stockman last year and I feel I would be ungrateful if I did not take this opportunity to nominate her for this honor. She is the favorite teacher of most past students and is a truly loving and warm person.
My son Ian has learning difficulties and struggles keeping up in many subjects. Mrs. Stockman not only recognized his challenges, but made allowances on his behalf, so that he was able to find success in school. Mrs. Stockman praised him for his strengths and encouraged him to continue working on things that he struggled with.
Even though Mrs. Stockman has been teaching for over forty years, her lessons and activities are always fresh and exciting. Each year her students put on a Halloween program for the school and parents. The Stockman Halloween program is legendary! The students practice for weeks prior to the performance, so that they are polished and confident in their performance. She finds a way for all her students to shine in the program whether it be through song, dance or spoken word. Because I have family members in the teaching profession, I know how hard it is to find time to include art, music, and special programs. Yet she always makes that extra effort. Mrs. Stockman’s enthusiasm for teaching and learning is contagious and you can’t help but smile when around her.
The thing I appreciate most about Mrs. Stockman is the love and concern I know she has for her students. She is not afraid to give the kids a hug or tell them that she loves them. My son received phone calls from Mrs. Stockman on days when he missed school. She took the time to make sure that he was feeling ok and to let him know that he was missed at school. She also called him on his birthday, which fell on a Saturday, and wished him a happy birthday. It meant so much to me as a parent to know that my son was in a class with a teacher that loved him and wanted what I want for him. I owe her a great debt of gratitude and can’t thank her enough for her kindness and time spent teaching my son. Thank you Mrs. Stockman!
With love and gratitude,
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot