Emily Hirschfeld – USU Up to 3 Early Intervention Program
I am Emily’s husband, but am nominating my wife because her students would have been too young to nominate her. Emily taught children from 2 and a half to 3 years old who were in some way delayed physically or developmentally. She helped some kids take their first steps and some say their first words.
One thing that makes Emily special is that she herself has a handicap that several of her kids had. She has Cerebral Palsy and had never let her disability get in her way. She had one student who had the same disability in the same way, worked with him since birth in home visits before she taught him in the classroom.
My wife quit teaching when our son was born. He was born 10 weeks early, so her experiences with her kids helped her to be a good mother as well.
Today’s Top Stories
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Salt Lake County says it has decreased water-use on its golf courses
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- UDOT reminds travelers of heavy traffic over the holiday weekend