Mack Fieldsted – Mountain View High School
Mack Fieldsted is a great example of someone who makes a difference through teaching financial literacy. He truly has a passion for preparing his students for their futures. He gets to know each of his students and cares about them individually. The enthusiasm he shows for his curriculum and for his students is contagious.
Mack not only teaches Financial Literacy during the school year, but he teaches it during the Mountain View summer school program. It is one of our most popular offerings in the summer as students choose to take this course from Mr. Fieldsted in the summer because they don’t have room in their schedules to take it from him during the year. We even have students from other schools who come and specifically request his class because they have heard how much they will learn from him.
Mack had a successful career in the insurance industry as a financial planner before deciding to make a difference through teaching. His real world experience is invaluable in helping his students. Besides teaching financial literacy, Mack teaches history and is the student council advisor. He spends many, many hours in dedicated work for his students.
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in Wednesday’s I-15 shooting is named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Storm bringing wind and snow to northern Utah
- US economy added a robust 263,000 jobs in November