Kristina Gowans – Granite Technical Institute
Ms. Gowans is a science teacher at the Granite Technical Institute. My son has worked with her for three years. Ms. Gowans is a great teacher; she helps the kids explore their interests in animal and plant science. When my son decided to raise turkeys she encouraged him and made a couple house calls to check on and advise him about the turkeys. Next he raised a lamb. Ms. Gowans spent a lot of time with him and the other students helping them prepare for the county and state fair. She was there for the exhibitions, encouraging the kids all the way.
When it was time to process the turkeys, she was involved in the plant to fulfill the required volunteer hours so the the kids could get a reduction in the cost. Ms. Gowans was right there at the auction bidding on the turkeys of some of her students. She said that she had been saving and planning to do it for some time. Ms. Gowans organized charity dinner and auction for those turkeys that didn’t get to be in the State auction.
She has spent countless hours outside the classroom working with students on their projects. She is definitely an advocate for agriculture and helps her students find their niche in the program. Ms. Gowans is a very dedicated teacher.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Remaining deer, elk permits can be purchased in July
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient