Brenda Wesson – Foothills Elementary & Brookside Elementary
Brenda Wesson is more than a teacher. When Brenda’s children were raised she went back to school at BYU to get her MA degree and become a School Psychologist. Brenda not only finished top in her class, the year she finished her degree at BYU she was awarded with Student School Psychologist of the year by the Utah Association of School Psychologist in 2006. Devin Healey commented on her performance at this award 2006 ceremony in these words: Brenda Wesson currently serves as a School Psychologist at two Elementary Schools in the Nebo School District, a position she has held over the past eight years. All who work with Brenda acknowledge her great care and unending patience in the needs of students, parents, teachers and administrators. She helps parents feel at ease and better understand their children. She has promoted PBIS and the RTI model. She is a strong team player with great people skills. This year’s school psychologist of the year is Brenda Wesson. Brenda is currently working at Brookside Elementary and Foothills Elementary in the Nebo School District. The following tribute is from one of the principals she works with, Keri Huntsman:
Tribute to Brenda Wesson: Brenda is a school psychologist at Foothills Elementary. I am privileged to work with her. She is a tremendous asset to the students, parents, teachers and administration. Her expertise has and continues to help many students who have severe academic, social and/or emotional needs. She provides parents and teachers with strategies to help individual succeed at school. Brenda organizes biweekly Special Education Team meetings to identify students who need SPED interventions and to discuss student progress. She is a master psychologist, trusted colleague and friend. Thanks Brenda for all you do!!
Now you see why Brenda is more than teacher.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- More than 700 flights canceled Sunday
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state
- Family loses everything to motorhome explosion
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade