Vangee Watts – Viewmont Elementary
Vangee Watts is a first grade teacher at Viewmont Elementary School. She is a wonderful, hard-working teacher, often seen working after hours to make sure her classroom is ready for her next day. One student in Vangee’s class was recently diagnosed with a form of brain cancer. He hasn’t been able to attend regularly all year due to surgeries and chemotherapy. He loves school though and always wants to attend when he is able to. Vangee always makes sure he is comfortable when he is able to come. On top of making him comfortable while he is at school, she comes regularly to his home to teach him the concepts he missed at school. She comes and just talks with him as well just to make sure he is happy and is able to understand all his lessons. Vangee is a teacher who goes above and beyond. We are so proud to have her at our school, and are thankful for all she does.
–Chelsea R. Strong
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- Manafort gets 47 months, judge cites mostly ‘blameless’ life
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Automakers embrace electric vehicles. But what about buyers?