Kerry Moore – Cyprus High School
Mr. Moore is an incredible teacher, and has been for decades! He has been the madrigal, show choir, concert choir, music theory, and German teacher at Cyprus High for decades, and does the Musical theatre program, and choir tours after school hours and during the summer ever year.
Not only has he done all of this with a smile on his face for all these years, but he has done it through two different types of cancer and all of the painful, debilitating treatments that have miraculously kept him alive.
For me personally, Mr. Moore and his musical and choir programs have changed my life! Throughout school, music helped me learn more easily, especially in math. He was like a second father to me, listening to all of my high school drama. He has instilled in me a dedication and way of life that I have used every day in the almost 10 years since high school.
Because of Mr. Moore, and his first class teaching, I have been able to realize my dreams of being in several musicals at local and out of state theaters, act in commercials and films, and be a Princess and other characters in Disney World!
Mr. Moore remembers every one of his thousands of students (even their names) from the 30 plus years he has been teaching at Cyprus, and we will always remember him! He deserves to win this honor!
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour