Jandy Stelter – Spectrum Academy
Ms. Jandy is a 4th grade teacher at Spectrum Academy, a charter school designed to help kids with Autism. Jandy has an infectious enthusiasm for making the world a better place, which carries over into her teaching. She has a “can do” attitude and helps her students find enjoyable ways to accomplish what they are asked to do.
There was a special need for an experienced teacher the year my son entered third grade and Jandy moved classrooms in order to fill the need. She made such a positive impact on the class that several parents asked her to move back to fourth grade and teach them again. She DID and we helped her move her classroom back to fourth grade.
I was able to see and hear about some of the activities in her classroom last year. Her behavior management techniques helped the children learn to be responsible and still feel good about themselves. Her gentle coaching through math helped build confidence, ensure rewards, AND avoid homework! Finally, her Speed Socializing helped these Autistic kids approach conversations without fear. She demonstrated success after success!
Jandy puts her whole heart into teaching. She has been to my home, my son has written her letters, and I’ve heard that she attends some of her students’ extra-curricular activities in her free time.
If there was ever a person who deserves acknowledgment for supreme service as a teacher, Jandy is it. I hope my explanation has provided enough information for you to see how worthy she is of our gratitude.
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public