EDUCATION + SCHOOLS
Denise Abbott, Timpview High School
The following was submitted by Beverly Watkins.
“I feel that my life has been greatly blessed by this beautiful woman. We have been associated for the past 30 years as Health Science teachers in the HOSA organization. (Health Occupations Students of America)
Denise is the State of Utah HOSA advisor responsible for over 5,000 students, which, is a full time job in itself, and she teaches about 36 students per class. She also is a mother of four and wife of a bishop. This woman never sleeps and gives more than 100% to teaching every day.
She is so professional and has a great creative way of teaching focus learning labs, dissections, etc.
She expects a great deal from each student and gets the results back she asks for. Most of her students have on to obtain a medical degree of some kind. She gives up her lunch hour to have study hour as well as before and after school.
When we go to the National competitions her students place very high in winning medals and special awards.”
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Provo Canyon closing intermittently to mitigate rock slides