Denise Abbott, Timpview High School
The following was submitted by Beverly Watkins.
“I feel that my life has been greatly blessed by this beautiful woman. We have been associated for the past 30 years as Health Science teachers in the HOSA organization. (Health Occupations Students of America)
Denise is the State of Utah HOSA advisor responsible for over 5,000 students, which, is a full time job in itself, and she teaches about 36 students per class. She also is a mother of four and wife of a bishop. This woman never sleeps and gives more than 100% to teaching every day.
She is so professional and has a great creative way of teaching focus learning labs, dissections, etc.
She expects a great deal from each student and gets the results back she asks for. Most of her students have on to obtain a medical degree of some kind. She gives up her lunch hour to have study hour as well as before and after school.
When we go to the National competitions her students place very high in winning medals and special awards.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- FBI seeking information on whereabouts of serial bank robber
- Salt Lake City Police investigating shooting at Meadows Park
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Salt Lake County DA discusses Biden’s pardon of marijuana possession
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors