Lynette Gittens, Athlos Academy of Utah in Herriman
The following was submitted by Shana Ashby.
“Mrs. Gittins is a wonderful teacher. She takes the time to get to know her students and work with their unique quirks and learning needs.
My son is a pretty distracted and emotional kid. He has always felt loved by her despite his difficult days. She encourages him, praises him, and doesn’t put him down.
During parent teacher conferences I have always felt like they were pointless with previous teachers; where as, with Mrs. Gittins I have felt very supported. She has had very useful ideas for us to do at home and working together to help my son succeed and since implementing them he has grown exponentially.
I appreciate knowing that my son is spending the majority of his day with someone who is treating him well and cares both for his academic and emotional needs.”
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- SWAT standoff in Tooele ends peacefully, no further threat to public