Mike Bleak, Cedar City Police Department
The following nomination letter was written by Darin Adams, Chief of Police for Cedar City:
Detective Bleak has been with the Cedar City Police Department for nearly 20 years. He has spent the last decade in the investigations division. Detective Bleak has investigated numerous cases through the years to include homicide, child sex abuse, overdose deaths, and many other issues. He is a tireless and determined investigator who, through his efforts, has achieved countless convictions. He is a deputy medical examiner for the state of Utah and works hard to be proficient in his duties.
Detective Bleak has become an expert in the choking game, which threatens the lives of our youth. This practice has taken the lives of many youth throughout the country. Because of his efforts and the relationships he has created, the Iron County School District has adopted policy to address this concerning issue. Detective Bleak has lectured throughout the nation and in Paris, France to bring awareness to this topic.
Detective Bleak truly loves his community and he is the epitome of service. In addition to his duties, he has seen the need to become involved in local government to influence positive change. He is currently the republican nominee for the Iron County Commission. Detective Bleak is a peer-support officer working with officers to address mental and physical wellness and providing direction and counsel.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral