Trooper Cam Fawson, Highway Patrol
The following is from a Facebook post by Kat Wilson.
“This is Officer Cam Fawson of the Utah Highway Patrol. Last night he came to my house to do a follow up investigation regarding a report made of a hit and run accident in the high school parking lot.
To my great astonishment, the report had named me as the driver of the vehicle that left the scene. After taking a look at my license and my car, Officer Fawson requested that I come to the high school to fill out some paperwork. I was in tears, completely confused by the whole situation since I knew I
hadn’t been in an accident of any sort.
We went around to his patrol car while my parents filmed, claiming that they wanted to document what was happening in case it was needed later. When we arrived at the car he said he needed to clear out the back seat. He asked me if I could hold a few things for him. Shocking me for the second time in only a few minutes, he handed me a beautiful guitar, follow by a case and an amp. I instantly realized that the whole thing had been a set up, as I recognized the instrument from a post in the Tooele County 411 Facebook group.
In an amazing act of generosity, Officer Fawson has posted pictures of the guitar, explaining that he would be giving the
instrument away to a music loving child or teen. Out of hundreds of nominations and stories, he and his friends had chosen me as the recipient of the guitar. My tears of fear and confusion instantly changed to tears of joy and gratitude.
Officer Fawson, thank you for blessing my family and me with
your generosity, creativity, and kindness. Also, I applaud your acting skills; your performance was rather convincing. I feel so blessed to live near people who are as wonderful as Officer Fawson.
I’m so grateful for music and the impact it has had on me. Using this guitar, I want to touch the lives of others and bring the gift of music to as many people as I possibly can. In a world that so often feels dark, I am forever grateful for the people and experiences that bring light and inspiration to my life.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Kearns woman killed in a two-vehicle accident in Idaho
- San Juan county crash leaves one dead, one injured
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Planned Parenthood of Utah files lawsuit against the state
- Elizabeth Smart says she was sexually assaulted on a plane
- Russian missiles hit Kyiv as G7 summit begins in Europe
- Which devices best prevent catalytic-converter theft
- More than 700 flights canceled Sunday
- S.B. 174 now in effect in Utah with Supreme Court’s overturn of Roe v. Wade