Empowering people with disabilities by getting them the equipment they need to be mobile is a critical need in our community. Ability Found provides medical and rehabilitation equipment to Utahns with disabilities who cannot afford it.
Many people are unable to participate in every-day activities simply because they do not have the correct piece of equipment. When a person can attend school, seek employment, and care for themself, they not only gain independence and dignity, they are able to access the community in new ways.
Ability Found locates, purchases or refurbishes, and delivers life changing medical equipment. They provide wheelchairs, walkers, adaptive strollers, and more to those seeking help. They provide all services – from the equipment itself to sessions and fittings with a physical therapist – free of charge. The organization changes lives, offers freedom, and makes miracles possible.
SelectHealth recognizes the resourceful work of Ability Found as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Hidden cameras found in restrooms in U of U Student Life Center, suspect in custody
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Utah Air National Guard Airman dies during routine deployment
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- 18-year-old connected to Orem shooting turns himself in
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah’s Coordinated Action Plan for Water released this week