Empowering people with disabilities by getting them the equipment they need to be mobile is a critical need in our community. Ability Found provides medical and rehabilitation equipment to Utahns with disabilities who cannot afford it.
Many people are unable to participate in every-day activities simply because they do not have the correct piece of equipment. When a person can attend school, seek employment, and care for themself, they not only gain independence and dignity, they are able to access the community in new ways.
Ability Found locates, purchases or refurbishes, and delivers life changing medical equipment. They provide wheelchairs, walkers, adaptive strollers, and more to those seeking help. They provide all services – from the equipment itself to sessions and fittings with a physical therapist – free of charge. The organization changes lives, offers freedom, and makes miracles possible.
SelectHealth recognizes the resourceful work of Ability Found as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Utah health officials confirm three cases of rabies in bats
- Garfield County cold case homicide is brought to a close
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Supreme Court widens state power over tribes. What does it mean for Utah?
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio