Children need the opportunity to learn and be loved. That’s why Curt’s Cuddles provides new books and pajamas to children in need in the Ogden area. Children at the Christmas Box House and YCC Family Crisis Center benefit from the donations. Many children in crisis come to these organizations without any of their own possessions. These agencies rely on community donations to supply children with daily necessities.
Volunteers at Curt’s Cuddles lovingly package brand new pajamas along with an age appropriate book for each child. New books can provide children the opportunity to be read to each night. Nightly reading establishes a routine and helps calm children, preparing them for sleep. Adequate sleep helps children perform better in school, have fewer behavior problems, and energy to exercise.
Most importantly, children who have their own book have the ability to draw adults to them to cuddle and read together.
SelectHealth recognizes the heart-felt work of Curt’s Cuddles as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Utah delegation’s reaction to Biden’s State of the Union Address
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- New photo of Gabby Petito raises questions
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- House Speaker Wilson expresses disappointment in Biden’s State of the Union Address
- Ogden Police looking for driver that hit a crossing guard
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon