Children need the opportunity to learn and be loved. That’s why Curt’s Cuddles provides new books and pajamas to children in need in the Ogden area. Children at the Christmas Box House and YCC Family Crisis Center benefit from the donations. Many children in crisis come to these organizations without any of their own possessions. These agencies rely on community donations to supply children with daily necessities.
Volunteers at Curt’s Cuddles lovingly package brand new pajamas along with an age appropriate book for each child. New books can provide children the opportunity to be read to each night. Nightly reading establishes a routine and helps calm children, preparing them for sleep. Adequate sleep helps children perform better in school, have fewer behavior problems, and energy to exercise.
Most importantly, children who have their own book have the ability to draw adults to them to cuddle and read together.
SelectHealth recognizes the heart-felt work of Curt’s Cuddles as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress code gives West High School students more leeway
- Man in extremely critical condition following motorcycle accident in Little Cottonwood Canyon
- Woman dies in SLC shooting, suspect arrested
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- One person in critical condition after Sunday night shooting
- Double stabbing sends grandmother and grandson to the hospital
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: Photos of topless women at U of U football game who may face charges
- Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
- First grade teacher in Magna arrested on felony child sexual abuse charges
- Increase in Venezuelan migration is felt across US