Flashes Of Hope
Children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses often spend countless days in the hospital. Enjoying something as simple as a family photo shoot can be a welcomed distraction from constant medical procedures.
Flashes of Hope is an organization made up of volunteer photographers who take uplifting portraits of children fighting illnesses. The sessions and photographs are provided to families free of charge. These photographs do more than just capture a moment in time; they help these children feel better about their changing appearance by celebrating it.
Flashes of Hope gives each family an invaluable treasure that forever captures the grace, beauty, and dignity of their child. Families facing terminal illnesses rarely think about the importance of photographing these moments, as they do not want to remember the disease. Rather, Flashes of Hope excels at spotlighting the child’s bravery and courage through adversity.
SelectHealth recognizes the profound contribution of Flashes of Hope as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]