Iron County Care and Share
The primary purpose of Iron County Care and Share is to assist those in crisis by providing the most basic necessities of food and shelter and then working with the clients to develop a strategy and plan that will help them begin to stabilize and build their self-sufficiency.
They believe that every Utahn should have access to healthy and nourishing foods. The food pantry promotes healthy food choices by offering different opportunities like the Thumbs Up Healthy Choices program, food tasting, recipe distribution and a shopping section devoted to making better choices with items available through the pantry. The clients are food insecure, therefore they have limited or uncertain availability of healthy and nutritious foods. The food pantry aims to make healthy and nutritious foods available to all.
Through the pantry, shelter and case management the Iron County Care and Share clients receive tools to promote and strengthen their self-sustainability to move from poverty and food insecurity into healthy lifestyles.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by the Iron County Care and Share as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips
- SLCPD arrest two people in connection to a Wednesday shooting
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Humane Society of Utah says shelters are full, adoptions are needed
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested