Iron County Care and Share
The primary purpose of Iron County Care and Share is to assist those in crisis by providing the most basic necessities of food and shelter and then working with the clients to develop a strategy and plan that will help them begin to stabilize and build their self-sufficiency.
They believe that every Utahn should have access to healthy and nourishing foods. The food pantry promotes healthy food choices by offering different opportunities like the Thumbs Up Healthy Choices program, food tasting, recipe distribution and a shopping section devoted to making better choices with items available through the pantry. The clients are food insecure, therefore they have limited or uncertain availability of healthy and nutritious foods. The food pantry aims to make healthy and nutritious foods available to all.
Through the pantry, shelter and case management the Iron County Care and Share clients receive tools to promote and strengthen their self-sustainability to move from poverty and food insecurity into healthy lifestyles.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by the Iron County Care and Share as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Teen killed in Hurricane auto-pedestrian accident
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Ballpark Station reopens after closing due to fallen scaffolding