Children’s Justice Center
Child abuse is a sensitive topic but an unfortunate reality. It’s a traumatic experience for both children and their families. But where can victims turn? Who can they talk to and trust?
The Children’s Justice Center in Utah County helps children and families who are experiencing the crisis and chaos that comes with the disclosure of child abuse. The Center is designed like a home environment to help children feel safe and comfortable while dealing with the difficult and often frightening process of intervention. It is a non-threatening place where the necessary interviews by police, social services, and medical professionals can occur.
The goal is to reduce the trauma of an investigation and help the child feel safe to reveal the truth. It is a place where small voices can be heard. Early intervention by the Center helps children understand the abuse is over and the healing can begin.
SelectHealth recognizes the critical role of the Children’s Justice Center as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Husband of Bluffdale mayor faces charges threatening city councilman
- Delta pilots picketing in Salt Lake City and across the country
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Supreme Court limits EPA in curbing power plant emissions
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- Party ban becomes permanent for Airbnb