Assistance League of Southern Utah
Imagine a child who has to attend school wearing the same outfit every day. Or a child who goes to school without a coat in the winter. This is the daily reality for thousands of students throughout Utah.
Operation School Bell is the signature program of Assistance League nationwide and the Southern Utah chapter helps local school-aged children with new clothing and shoes. Having the right clothing for school improves attendance, promotes learning, and enhances self-esteem.
Children shop at local stores to purchase items from an approved list including coats, jeans, shirts, shoes, and even school supplies. When a child’s basic needs are met, they can focus on their education and have a better opportunity to break the cycle of poverty. The program shows children that others support their education, and that going to and staying in school can make a difference to their future.
SelectHealth recognizes the charitable work from the Assistance League of Southern Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Roe V. Wade overturned by Supreme Court
- Utah leaders react to Supreme Court decision to overturn Roe v. Wade
- Victim in Box Elder County worksite accident is identified
- Biden calls abortion ruling ‘a sad day’ for country
- Provo Police Department asking for help solving a 2020 cold case
- Flight instructor, student, die in crash of USU Aviation plane
- Congress sends landmark gun violence compromise to Biden
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Sandy man identified as individual killed in Nevada car crash