Assistance League of Southern Utah
Imagine a child who has to attend school wearing the same outfit every day. Or a child who goes to school without a coat in the winter. This is the daily reality for thousands of students throughout Utah.
Operation School Bell is the signature program of Assistance League nationwide and the Southern Utah chapter helps local school-aged children with new clothing and shoes. Having the right clothing for school improves attendance, promotes learning, and enhances self-esteem.
Children shop at local stores to purchase items from an approved list including coats, jeans, shirts, shoes, and even school supplies. When a child’s basic needs are met, they can focus on their education and have a better opportunity to break the cycle of poverty. The program shows children that others support their education, and that going to and staying in school can make a difference to their future.
SelectHealth recognizes the charitable work from the Assistance League of Southern Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- Indonesia stadium riot: At least 127 people reported dead following soccer match, police say
- Other paths to consider when thinking about attending college
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City