Is your mother, daughter, sister, or friend a survivor of breast cancer? October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and you will probably notice pink ribbons being used to promote the cause.
Lifting Hearts is a Utah County organization run by breast cancer survivors, and provides support and wellness programs for individuals with breast cancer. They help survivors by offering classes on nutrition, exercise, and self-improvement, as well as offering free healing retreats each spring and fall.
Lifting Hearts sees their role in the lives of these women as providing a soft place to land and a shoulder to cry on. The fear of going through cancer can be lessened when a person is able to navigate through it with the help of others who have “been there, done that.” They also provide activities throughout the year that bring survivors, their families, and the community together to show support.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing effort offered by Lifting Hearts as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Fatal crash near Strawberry Reservoir closes SR-40
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold
- Name change coming to Intermountain Healthcare next year
- Salt Lake City Police respond to five different incidents with weapons
- A new chance for a fighting chance against ovarian cancer
- Salt Lake County Dems call for immediate resignation of Sen. Gene Davis
- Intermountain Healthcare purchases land near Ephraim
- U of U students rally in support of Mahsa Amini, woman killed in Iran