B in Motion
Did you know that the price of a custom wheelchair can cost as much as a brand new car? Wheelchairs can be an art form, and the right wheelchair can make a huge difference in a person’s life.
The B in Motion Foundation in Salt Lake City was created to give high-end wheelchairs and other medical equipment to individuals in need. The Foundation works closely with each recipient, their health care provider, and their family to ensure they receive a wheelchair that meets their unique physical challenges.
Correct seating and positioning prevents complications, like pressure sores, that can quickly hospitalize and even threaten the life of an individual. The B in Motion Foundation partners with volunteers at Alpine Home Medical Equipment who take their time to fit individuals for the right chair. The recipients of these wheelchairs are given the gift of freedom and mobility.
SelectHealth recognizes the life-changing work of the B in Motion Foundation as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- WNBA star Brittney Griner released from Russian detention in prisoner swap for convicted arms dealer
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- Hazmat spill closes I-15 in Bluffdale
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Snow expected to impact Wednesday evening commute
- How to deal with and overcome seasonal depression
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Expert joins Inside Sources on women accessing homeless resources