Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. In Utah, they help children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better through mentoring.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah engages children by reaching out to partners who can identify children, ages 6-18 who want and need a mentor. They connect them with the perfect match, someone with similar interests, and facilitate relationships through one-to-one outings and activities that include working on a school project together at the library, going to a museum, listening to music, and so much more.
This program has been shown to increase self-confidence, positively impact educational outcomes, help make better decisions, and avoid risky behaviors to help them succeed and thrive in life. You can invest in a child’s future by donating, enrolling a child, or becoming a mentor.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Opinion: Is it time to retire the $100 bill and move to cashless society?
- Fourth of July weekend weather conditions ripe for fires
- 8-year-old boy struck by car in Riverton, suffers head injury
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State fire marshal talks about Lake Mountain Middle School delays