Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah
For over a century, Big Brothers Big Sisters has been helping change kids’ perspectives and giving them the opportunity to reach their potential. In Utah, they help children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better through mentoring.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah engages children by reaching out to partners who can identify children, ages 6-18 who want and need a mentor. They connect them with the perfect match, someone with similar interests, and facilitate relationships through one-to-one outings and activities that include working on a school project together at the library, going to a museum, listening to music, and so much more.
This program has been shown to increase self-confidence, positively impact educational outcomes, help make better decisions, and avoid risky behaviors to help them succeed and thrive in life. You can invest in a child’s future by donating, enrolling a child, or becoming a mentor.
SelectHealth recognizes the supportive services provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters of Utah as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- Staff member at school in southern Utah arrested for alleged sexual abuse
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Is forcing the homeless into treatment the answer?
- Air Force unveils newest stealth bomber aircraft
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]